Only 3 seats left at our Anti-Heroes & Villains workshop
Register now to submit your opening chapter for faculty feedback
In this workshop, you will:
- Look at some iconic villains and discuss what goes into the creation of a really GREAT villain.
- Examine your main character’s dreams and desires, and then find out who would OPPOSE those. Patrice says: “It could be a “villain”–but it could also be the hero’s best friend.”
- Look at how villains serve as catalysts for the protagonist’s action.
- Find out how to create sympathy for your villain, for his/her goals and dreams.
- Discover where your hero and villain’s goals intersect, and how that sets up conflict in your story.
- Create a powerful backstory for your villain. Julie says: “I haven’t met a single villain whose origin story I didn’t want to tell.”
- Hear what an editor and an agent look for when discovering villains in submitted manuscripts.
- Get faculty feedback on the opening chapter of your work-in-progress.
The Highlights Foundation 392 Boyds Mills Rd | Milanville, PA 18443